Sound Workplace Advice
Sound Advice does more than just test hearing….
We interpret and give practical advice on the test results.
Screening hearing of noise exposed workers should NOT be just a tick box exercise every two years.
Interpreting and analyzing the results to identify who has hearing problems and who is deteriorating is the reason why hearing screening is done.
We understand what the results on the graph mean to the person’s ability to hear safely in their work environment.
Sound Advice employs university trained Audiologists to review every screening test and advise the workplace if an employee’s hearing loss may be a safety hazard. We have the expertise to find solutions to keep everyone safe and prevent further deterioration of hearing.
Call Sound Advice Tasmania…for experience, expertise and exceptional outcomes to keep workers hearing safely at work.Ph 03 62 235 444
Noise, chemical hazards and employees with hearing losses can result in hidden costs within your business.
Did you know that:
- Employees who work in noise have more time off than employees who work in quiet
- Employees who work in noise can mishear instructions which costs time and money in mistakes
- Staff can get very upset when they mishear what was said which leads to bullying claims
- Hearing loss is the most common permanent disability in Australia
- Working in noise and in the presence of a wide range of chemicals such as cleaning solvents increases the risk of developing a hearing loss
While at work employees need to be able to hear what is going on around them to keep safe and equipment functional. For example, road workers need to be able to hear on-coming traffic even when wearing hearing protection OR tell when equipment is jammed or needs maintenance. Hearing small changes in the way equipment operates may save thousands of dollars in major repairs.
Education – your employees will benefit:
- Selecting the correct hearing protection
- Use and care of hearing protection
- Australian Standards for noise exposure
- How hearing works and the dangers of hearing loss
- Competency and understanding.
Contact us on 03 62 235 444